2nd multiplier event
October 8 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am| free
The partners of the ERASMUS+-funded EUSTEPs project
in partnership with
Sustainable Development Solutions Network Black Sea and Mediterranean
A 360-DEGREE APPROACH TO SUSTAINABILITY IN HIGHER EDUCATION
ADVANCEMENTS IN EDUCATION, RESEARCH, AWARENESS, AND PARTICIPATION
(Multiplier Event E2 – Universities’ Sustainability Teaching through EF)
October 8th from 10:00 am to 11:30 am CET
The concept of sustainability helps identify the possible ways in which we can live on our planet – the only one we have – in harmony with nature and other people and communities. EUSTEPs project is deeply rooted in this concept, aiming to engage the whole academic community in a dialogue about sustainability. The EUSTEPs project strives to ensure that sustainability is not only taught but also practiced on campuses.
Join the partners behind EUSTEPs project for this online event:
- You will hear feedback from educators around the world on their experiences implementing the EUSTEPs module.
- You will learn how to design and implement a transdisciplinary Course in Sustainability on your campus.
- You will learn how the sustainability of your campus can be assessed via an upcoming University Footprint Calculator and ask all questions on your mind.
The event is intended for the whole academic community: all HEI educators, administrative staff and managing bodies. It will focus on the following items:
- EUSTEPs teaching module: update on the state of the art and implementation in many universities around the world, highlighting the number of educators and students involved as well as the results achieved in terms of dissemination and understanding of the contents and consequent increase in awareness.
- Guidelines to set-up transdisciplinary Course in Sustainability: based on the multi-year experience of the University of Siena, the EUSTEPs partnership designed these guidelines to create a course suitable for any Degree Program.
- FOOTPRINT CALCULATOR for University Campus: engage with us as the first prototype version of this upcoming tool is unveiled. This tool is expected to help any university in Europe and outside Europe assess their impact on the planet and make informed decisions on how to manage resource use within campuses and reduce environmental impact.
SCROLL DOWN TO WATCH RECORDED EVENT
(Please click on the hyperlinks below in bold text to view and download presentation slides)
George Malandrakis, Lead partner Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH) and Federico M. Pulselli, organizer, University of Siena
Prof. Simone Bastianoni, Vice-Rector of Sustainability, University of Siena
3. The EUSTEPs Teaching Module
- Introduction to the method and boundaries: Alessandro Galli, Global Footprint Network
- Tour of the calculator: Serena Mancini, Global Footprint Network
5. The EUSTEPs guidelines for sustainability courses: Federico M. Pulselli, University of Siena
6. Q&A and closing remarks: Federico M. Pulselli, University of Siena